“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” - William Arthur Ward
The holiday season is in full swing, the signs are there – decorations, holiday fairs, parties, an appointment book that has become ragged and torn. A sure sign it is time to ring out the old and bring in the new. Increased activity of UPS, Fed Ex and other delivery trucks on the highways and byways, indeed indicates Christmas is near.
On this blog site, we often recognize the work of artists and crafts persons working in a variety of mediums – writers, poets, painters, sculptors, filmmakers, potters, musicians and more. But there is another important form of art that we tend to forget – the art of serving others.
If you have ever worked in a service industry, or lived in a resort area, you become acutely aware of those who serve. These folks carry an extra burden at this time of year. In light of that fact, I would like to pause today to recognize people in all sectors of the service industry. They deserve our gratitude!
- Heartfelt thanks to nurses, doctors, hospice workers, and all medical staff.
- Oodles of praise for mail carriers and delivery persons
- Obliged to those who wait tables, to housekeepers, concierge and valets, too.
- Respect for chefs, plumbers, electricians, builders, excavators and more.
- Rewards for military servicemen and women who have ever kept us safe – well deserved
- Abundance of kudos for repair shops, retail employees, gas station attendants, grocers.
- Yule Tide Greetings to those service people I have missed such as the clergy. Many of you, because you serve, may miss holiday celebrations with families or friends. We greatly appreciate that you are fulfilling a need for the work that you do. We desperately need people like you!
Don’t forget to give a token of thanks to those who serve. Let them know that you appreciate what they do, over the holidays and each and every day of the year, too!
Return tomorrow for more independent thoughts, words and views from www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com.