A great life is born in the soul, grown in the mind, and lived from the heart. ~ unknown
Looking for a book that makes you contemplate all kinds of things? Books that incorporate a multi-disciplinary approach expands our ways of thinking of the world, and the meaning of life. Publications that stir our emotions, our intellect, as well as broadening our rational thinking skills are good for us.
Brainpickings.org has listed thirteen best books in 2013 which enrich the readers mental capacities. Here is the list. To read descriptions of these publications, please visit this website http://bit.ly/1lpSGWb.
- On Looking: Eleven Walks With Expert Eyes
- Advice to Little Girls by Mark Twain
- Self Portrait as your Traitor
- Lost Cat: A True Story of Love, Desperation & GPS Technology
- Codex Seraphinianus
- My Brothers Book
- Don’t Go Back to School: A Handbook for Learning Anything
- Susan Sontag: The Complete Rolling Stone Interview
- Letters of Note
- Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking
- Eighty Day: History Making Race Around the World
- Time Warped: Unlocking the Mysteries of Time Perception
- This Explains Everything: Deep, Beautiful & Elegant Theories of How the World Works
I will forewarn you – you may find all kinds of subjects that you hadn’t thought much about before until these books set your mind in motion.
If you are a person who has put “personal, emotional or intellectual growth” on your New Years resolution list in 2014, pick your brain with the concepts that are held within the covers of these fascinating books. Begin fulfilling your New Years resolution by enhancing an area of your life that needs developing. No procrastination allowed!
This blog brought to you by www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com. See you tomorrow on All Things Fulfilling!