“Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it…” ― Wilferd Peterson
So much of what author Wilferd Peterson describes in his quote and in his books about living a fulfilling life can be found in the town of Steamboat Springs, Colorado and the surrounding Routt County. His words couldn’t peg this Western community of 10,000 people any better!
What a busy 4th of July weekend! What constitutes a perfect independence weekend in sunny Steamboat? All Things western, creative and American!
- Thursday evening warm-up: A gondola ride, picnic dinner and hike on the mountain. Enhanced with a stunning sunset, I might add.
- First Friday Artwalk
- Deliciously drenched strawberry stained, scented hands after helping to slice 10 flats of fruit first thing in the morning on Saturday.
- Parade on Main Street. All creatures, great and small, festooned with wearing the red, white and blue.
- After the parade block party – Annual ice crèam and strawberry sundae fundraiser at www.umcsteamboat.org. Routt beer floats and all American hot dogs across the street at Tred of Pioneers Museum. www.tredofpioneers.org.
- Celebration of a prestigious institute for the performing arts in Steamboat. Perry-Mansfield celebrates 100 years! www.perry-mansfield.org.
- The next generation of Olympic hopefuls compete – summertime ski jumping on the 4th at Howelson Hill, the site of the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club. Www.sswsc.org.
- A beautiful sunset with fireworks to end the 4th with dazzle and spark.
- Free concert on Saturday evening under the stars.
- Art on the Mountain throughout the weekend – arts and crafts to satisfy the most discriminating tastes and interests.
This is only a small sampling of things there were to see and do over the 4th of July weekend in Steamboat. Coming up next weekend is Art in the Park and the Hot Air Balloon Rodeo. For a full list of summer/fall events here in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, please visit this website www.steamboat-chamber.com.
It’s another fulfilling summer here in da ‘Boat! Come and join us in the fun!
Photo above: Stunning Vistas surround Steamboat!
Photo Above: Perry-Mansfield celebrates 100 years of mentoring students in the performing arts. http://www.perry-mansfield.org
Above: Cultural Heritage Museum – Tred of Pioneers. Includes ski racing and Olympian history from Steamboat
Hot Air Balloon Rodeo – Just one of many signature summer weekends in Steamboat
Colorado Mountain College – Home of Steamboat Springs Economic Development Council
Historic downtown Steamboat in the other season
The Arts are important year round. It’s a great community of creatives -writers, painters, musicians, potters, photographers and multi-media artists.
Photo Above: Steamboat has produced 88 Olympians and counting….
Pro-Rodeo in Steamboat in Summertime
Superb Fly Fishing in Steamboat Springs, Colorado
What a gift of a lifetime for anyone to be living and working in Steamboat! There is so much to experience.
This blog brought to you by author Sue Batton Leonard.
Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements
would really make my blog stand out. Please let
me know where you got your theme. Cheers