“You have to know the past to understand the present.” Dr. Carl Sagan
I’ve taken the opportunity to blog about the town of Frederick, Maryland on quite a number of occasions. I have great affection for many Fredericks that have been in my life. You will understand why if you read my memoir, Gift of a Lifetime: Finding Fulfilling Things in the Unexpected.
My affection for the town of Frederick comes for what has been salvaged out of what was once a run-down, ramshackle place during my childhood. Now, it is a place to be proud of! Art, architecture, history, tourism are all the things it has going for it!
To read other articles on All Things Fulfilling about the revitalization of Frederick, Maryland, visit these links.
- Landscapes, Seascapes & Tablescapes https://allthingsfulfilling.com/2011/10/28/landscapes-seascapes-and-tablescapes/
- Roots of American History https://allthingsfulfilling.com/2011/10/01/routes-and-roots-of-american-history/
- American Spirit Brings Change https://allthingsfulfilling.com/2011/09/30/5734/
- Along the Pathway of American History https://allthingsfulfilling.com/2011/09/29/along-the-pathway-of-american-history/
- Artfully Restoring America https://allthingsfulfilling.com/2011/09/26/artfully-restoring-america/
Today on All Things Fulfilling, enjoy just a few more pictures from the Harvest Fair that I went to last weekend in Frederick.
Hope to see you tomorrow, Saturday October 11th at Ukazoo Books in Towson, Maryland where I will be doing a book signing from 1pm to 4pm. A short author talk will begin at 2pm.
Two photos below are from: Smokestack Studio – great place. Loved it. http://www.smokestackstudios.com/
Do return to All Things Fulfilling on Monday! More sites and scenes from Washington, DC will be featured!
This blog brought to you by the EVVY award-winning author Sue Batton Leonard on an East Coast book tour! For information on her memoir Gift of a Lifetime: Finding Fulfilling Things in the Unexpected, please visit this link.http://amzn.to/1y21igm.