“Every summer has it’s own story.” ~ Unknown
My narrative for a blissful summer:
- Three months of grass tickling my toes
- Lots of in the water time (lake, ocean, pool, pond or river…doesn’t matter as long as its refreshing!)
- Fire in the barbie. Cook-outs all summer.
- Freshest fruits and veggies available.
- Abundant outdoors time – No Excuses!
- Local farmers markets, fairs, outdoor concerts, arts and cultural activities.
- A windfall of creative ideas and energy.
- A trip away from all things familar. Short excursions work. Doesn’t have to be to timbuktoo!
- Time enough to do a whole lot of nothing (“not one earthly thing,” as my Mom says).
- Good summer reads on any platform (hardback, paperback, e-book or audio).
- Visits to those people I don’t see often enough.
- A little child’s play – running in the rain, jumping rope, building sandcastles, catching lightning bugs, blowing bubbles, for example.
- Blue skies, sunshine
- Counting my blessings….one by one and being thankful summer is here.
This blog is brought to you by Sue Batton Leonard. For information on the award-winning book Gift of a Lifetime: Finding Fulfilling Things in the Unexpected, click here. To order Lessons of Heart & Soul, click here.