Happy Friday! The other day I began thinking about what I like about writing. Its akin to hosting your own theme party.
Here are a few bonbons for thought:
- Set the stage for a grand fete with all your favorite characters in attendance. Beautiful imagery with words draws others into the celebration.
- Need a pity party? A sadder story is never told when we are feeling as if the world is against us. Relate the experience in great detail with raw, heart-wrenching emotion.
- What would a movable feast look like? Take a journey in your imagination to a far off place. Describe the garb, the people, the food that decorates the table. What does it taste, smell and look like?
- You say “you want to get down and dirty?” How about a thriller?
- A fantasy tale with a carousel of amusement from fairies and elves is always a rousing good time.
As C. S. Lewis once said “You can make anything by writing.” ~ C.S. Lewis
This blog is brought to you by Sue Batton Leonard, EVVY award-winning author of Gift of a Lifetime: Finding Fulfilling Things in the Unexpected and short stories Lessons of Heart & Soul.
See you after the Halloween weekend. On Monday we will be blogging about work on hallowed ground. Join us!