God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” ~William A. Ward, author of Mountains of Faith
Today I’d like to recognize some very key people and organizations who helped me with various parts of publishing my award-winning memoir Gift of a Lifetime: Finding Fulfilling Things in the Unexpected.
Although I am well versed in most steps of independent publishing, there are parts of the writing and publishing process that I relied on having other professionals to steer and assist me. Their support services were invaluable in getting the project finished.
Thanks to the following:
- Steamboat Writers Group for valuable critique and feedback.
- Colorado Independent Publishers Association (CIPA) for education and support resources. Also for the friendships and business associates I have made through this outstanding organization.
- We Write Steamboat members for their encouragement, support, feedback and most of all, friendships!
- Pre-publication readers – you know who you are, thank you for your book testimonials!
- Professional services in the Media Lab at Colorado Mountain College
- Lindsey Royce at Colorado Mountain College for a great writing class to stir my creativity.
- Jan McDaniel for final editing services. The final editing of dialogue was very tedious!
- Joe McDaniel for photo restoration work
- Joe & Jan McDaniel at bookcrafters.net for publishing my book affordably, in a timely manner and for following my unique publishing requests. You were delightful to work with.
- Patti Asbury for helping me to grow professionally through public speaking
- Karen McLane and Postnet for graphic design and printing services
- Sound technician Brian Dow for help with audio book production
- Terry Leonard – photography and assistance with marketing materials and book events.
- Audio book producer – http://www.marcrleonard.com (aka “The Technical Dude”)
- Technology and website support – Marc R Leonard
- Terry Leonard and Marc R Leonard for cheering, emotional support and encouragement.
- JDB Technology – help with computer “issues”
- Gail Nelson – e-book designer and e-book formatting services
- United Methodist Church for spiritual guidance and support. The United Methodist Women for hosting my wonderful book launch “party.”
- To ALL fellow authors who networked, shared their experiences and advice.
- All book buyers!
If there is anyone I have inadvertently left out, I apologize. Trying to remember everyone is difficult. My path has crossed with so many people throughout this four year journey of independently publishing Gift of a Lifetime: Finding Fulfilling Things in the Unexpected. Thanks to everyone who gave me an encouraging word!
This blog brought to you by the award-winning author Sue Batton Leonard. For more information on her memoir, please visit this link. http://amzn.to/1t7f6Ec