“If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” ~ Colin Powell
Have all of you been watching the Olympics? I have! I have been loyal in following our hometown boys from Steamboat Springs, CO. As I have heard the personal stories of the athletes from all around the world, it has occurred to me that successful artists and athletes have so many things they strive for in common. Really, athletes are artists too- in the field of physiology and kinetic energy.
- Artists, like athletes, are known for their passion and strong belief in the work they do.
- Both challenge themselves to “reach for the stars.”
- Athletes and artists must achieve a high level of performance day after day and continually improve.
- Both types of artists are faced with internal and external challenges but still must perform.
- Goals and the mastery of those goals are essential for success.
- Both must be very disciplined and practice
- Belief in one’s own self, of all things, must rule!
Our United States Olympians are “doing us proud!” They have all subscribed to “right thinking.” It is what has gotten them to where they are in the first place. As for our hometown boys from Steamboat Springs, CO they will be adding their names to the roster of all the other champions from this town and will have a little “bling” around their necks to prove it.
Bring it on home, boys! Bring it on home. Share with us the result of your passion for your sport!
This blog brought to you by www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com.