“Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.”
– Bill Cosby
Happy Father’s Day! On this day, I would like to say thank you for the way you raised us four kids. It was not until I had a child of my own, did I come to fully understand and appreciate some of the things you said and did for “my own good.”
- Thanks for making me do things, whether I wanted to or not.
- Thanks for not always giving me what I wanted but always fulfilling my real needs.
- Thanks for making me accountable for my own actions and not always taking up for me.
- Thanks for your quiet, steady presence in my life.
- Thanks for being the “king of rig.” There were many things we had because you “rigged things” your way, with your building skills.
- Thanks for not letting us whine (well……not too much).
- When we whined….. thanks for not listening!
- Thanks for doing your best at keeping me centered and balanced– my husband, your son-in-law, appreciates that.
- Thanks for the love you have given to your eight grandchildren and teaching them the lessons that their parents forgot.
- Thanks for giving me security in knowing that you would always be there for me, no matter what.
We are grateful that you have lived to a healthy, ripe age. Your eight grandchildren are as crazy about you as your four children are! Happy Father’s Day, Dad ~ You are in my thoughts on this day!
Love, Your Elder Twin Daughter
Wonder where that 22 yr old got his genes for extremely premature gray hair?
This blog brought to you by www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com.