“Romance and novel paint beauty in colors more charming than nature, and describe a happiness that humans never taste. How deceptive and destructive are those pictures of consummate bliss!” ~ Oliver Goldsmith
Tomorrow, on All Things Fulfilling we will have the honor of interviewing author and actress Mara Purl. I met Mara several years ago when our company, Cornerstone Fulfillment Service, LLC joined the Colorado Independent Publishers Association as a service vendor. www.cipabooks.org. Mara was President at the time.
The Back Story:
Mara Purl has been fulfilling her life, through her multi-facetted career in the Arts. Her professional accomplishments as an award winning writer-producer-performer include:
- Author of serial novels, set in her fictitious coastal town Milford- Haven. They are the basis for the first American radio drama ever licensed by the BBC. The series drew an audience of 4.5 million fans.
- Actress on Days of Our Lives. Mara played the role of Darla Cook.
- Journalist/staff writer for the Financial Times of London and the Associated Press.
- Co-authored Act Right with Erin Gray. This book is frequently used by schools of performing arts as an educational tool.http://bit.ly/neZ5tJ
- Founder of S.T.A.R. – Student Theatre And Radio – a program she has taught in the U.S, and abroad inJapan.
- Mara Purl was named one of the twelve Women of the Year in 2002 by the Los Angeles County Commission for Women.
- Musician for Teijo Ito’s CD Watermill. She is accomplished at playing the koto.
- Mara grew up in Tokyo, Japan. She lives in Los Angeles and Colorado Springs, CO
- Thursday (tomorrow) I look forward to sharing my interview with Mara and information on the hardcover release of her Milford-Haven book. Not only will we be discussing books and publishing, we will also be discussing topics of common interest that faithful readers of this blog site have come to expect – such as integrating Art into one’s life for personal fulfillment.
Come on back tomorrow. Mara is guaranteed to have a lot to say of interest on this matter!
This blog brought to you by www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com.