“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
As predicted, the LunaFest,® on Friday night at the Bud Werner Library, www.steamboatlibrary.org had a fulfilling line-up of short films that were screened. Once I arrived at the film festival, I became aware that the LunaFest® is sponsored by LunaBars® –snack bars that are power-packed with vitamins and minerals that meet the needs of all women, and especially women on the go. “What woman is not on the go,” may I ask?
Out of the 10 “shorts” that were shown, it is difficult to say which was my favorite. Each film had it’s own merits and an important issue that was brought to the fore. The producers and directors of the films were women from a diversity of countries and cultures. Americans, Brits, Israelis and Canadians were among the mix. The following is a list of films that were screened, and my interpretation of the issue that was highlighted in each film:
- The Translator – Communication between men & women.
- Getting A Grip – Women competing in what is thought to be a man’s world.
- Touch – Guardian angels that appear in women’s lives.
- Tightly Knit – Building community around common interests.
- Top Spin – Women finding balance in their lives.
- Thembi’s Diary – Global health issues (this film was artistically creative in how it incorporated textures and patterns with animation).
- Mother of Many – Women’s health and parenting.
- Irene – Adult children caring for aging parents.
- Miracle Lady – Hope, life’s journey, enduring love
- Love on the Line – Relationships and attraction.
Each screenwriter, producer and director deserves to be recognized for having created a high-quality film that was chosen to be included in this festival. LunaBars®, a division of Clif Bar and Company http://bit.ly/fCXGKW is to be congratulated for their healthy alternative snack products and for the company’s vision of raising money for breast cancer, through the power of film. This union between the corporate world and artistic expression, through filmmaking, is an excellent example of bringing creative, effective marketing to the public and adding value to lives.
This blog brought to you by www.CornestoneFulfillmentService.com.