“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” ~William Wordsworth
It has been many, many years since I have sent a letter to you in the North Pole. I want you to know I am grateful for the gifts that I have received throughout my life. I have much to be appreciative for and many of the gifts you have given me have been even grander than I could ever have dreamed. Sometimes, I don’t even realize how meaningful the gifts have been until long after they have been received.
This year, I have a special request for Christmas. I would appreciate it if you would do what you possibly can to fulfill my gift wish list. I do understand if there are things that you can not give me, perhaps the timing is not right. I recognize you often get requests from people who should work on getting the gifts themselves.
Several months ago, I embarked on telling my story. That’s right, I am writing a book. I have only just begun, so in order to complete my task, I need your elves to help me out. Hopefully, they will have the necessary tools and materials to help me construct what I am asking for. I will try to describe what I need, as best as I can.
- Perseverance and patience – bring the biggest boxes of those items that you have!
- Insight – I may need a shovel to go along with that. I might have to dig deep.
- A dictionary or thesaurus to help me find the right words when I need them.
- Some smart, independent -type publishing people. Maybe we can teach each other a thing or two. It often goes both ways.
- A long lasting light bulb, for internal use, to illuminate my mind. A new socket might help too.
- Three strong signs – stop, go and proceed with caution. Send instructions along. I will read them so I know which sign to follow before I go down the wrong path.
- An energizer bunny to show me how to go on and on, so I can finish what I start.
- If you give me a gift card for these things, please make sure it does not have an expiration date. I may need these things, and you, longer than I think to get this job done.
P.S. Santa, if my requests are too great, please, no switches or coal. Just send my requests further north. Maybe we have the same boss and perhaps he can help us both out. Next year I will be back in touch. I promise I will work real hard with what you give me. When it is done, I want you to read my story and tell others what I did with the gifts. My requests, I hope, will be beneficial and fulfilling to you, too. Everyone needs a raise in life.
I’ll leave a carrot for the reindeer under the tree and something for you, too. Merry Christmas and have a Jolly New Year.
This blog brought to you by www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com.