“It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself. “
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tis the season for illumination. Today, on All Things Fulfilling I am going to focus on all things that shine.
- A clear star lit night
- Tinsel on the tree
- New parents and child experiencing their first Xmas together.
- Icicles hanging from the eave of a roof
- Lives spared by a Kiwanis and UNICEF Maternal and Neo-natal Tetanus vaccine
- Polished silverware
- Rudolph’s red rose
- A gemstone given as a surprise gift
- Glitter on a holiday card or an ornament
- Candles on a tree, a mantel or on a festive holiday table
- Snowflakes as they fall from the sky
- A child’s face when they discover a book that draws them in
- A beautiful painting, surrounded by golden frame
- Crystal stemware
- Someone who is passionate about the Art they create
- Sequins on festive holiday clothing
- Love discovered, love renewed in the spirit of Christmas
- The face of the elderly or a veteran knowing and feeling that others really care
- Twinkling white lights decorating a house
- A lit lamp post standing sentinel for the arrival of holiday guests
If you really want light up your own spirit this year, adopt a holiday family. Make some one else’s holiday shine by giving some gifts or fixing’s for a big holiday meal.Holiday buying this Christmas, was especially fulfilling for me. I bought a few items for a set of twins who otherwise may not have had Christmas at all. More fun than the gifts given inside of the box, I created wrapping that really showed that I cared. When all is said and done, I think the packaging will be as treasured as much as the gifts inside!
This year, buy one less gift for your own family, and give it to a family less fortunate and in need. Here is a website that lists the top five Christmas charity projects. http://bit.ly/8ZBCef.
Make your heart merry and illuminate the spirit of someone else this holiday season!
This blog brought to you by www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com.