“All glory comes from daring to begin.” ~ Unknown
The day of independence is almost upon us! In honor of this holiday, one of the things I have decided that I am going to do is to strike out, be bold, and add more herbs to my diet. Today, I thought I would cook up a batch of flavorful gazpacho soup in readiness for the holiday weekend.
I will begin with tomatoes, not common beefsteak tomatoes, but some juicy, ripe off the vine, heirloom tomatoes! May as well start out right and stew them up! Now comes the good part – I’ll add some of those herbs that the Indians used to keep their bodies in tune with nature and helped them maintain proper balance. Into the pot will go:
- Basil for a little Love
- Chives to make myself more Useful
- Parsley for some Merriment on this 4th of July
- Thyme – why not? I said I was going to become more independent minded and daring in my cooking!
- Rosemary – to help me Remember the loved ones
- Chervil – to add Serenity, and just because!
- Garlic – I don’t think so! That won’t make me any friends!
Umm – Smells good! Can you smell it? Of course you can’t, silly me! Until some entrepreneurial soul decides to spice up the blogging world by adding smell a blog as a new feature, you won’t be able to! Rest assured, that entrepreneurial soul will not be me! I am too busy trying to make my life more fulfilling! How about you?
This blog brought to you by www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com.