“To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.”
I like being in the presence of spirited women. I guess it’s a result of my upbringing. My mother says “she has been a tomboy all her life. If she wanted to be with my father, she had no choice but to learn how to fish, pilot a boat, be a carpenter’s assistant and do the things he liked to do or be left behind in the dust.” Friends as children, now married 65 years, I guess the relationship has worked out alright. She does know how to dress, and act the lady. She’s also led a “cultured life.”
I’ve recently come across some really fun blogs and books, for and about women, who like the outdoor life. Today, I’d like to share them on All Things Fulfilling in hopes that they will be interesting for our female readers to know about.
- Glamping with Mary Jane Click for Info & Ordering http://bit.ly/1eqwF6f.
- Sisters on the Fly Click for Info & Orderinghttp://bit.ly/11KoyyR
- Suck your Stomach In and Put Some Color on. Click for info & ordering http://www.belleofallthingssouthern.com/store/
- Mary Jane’s Outpost: Unleashing Your Wild Click for Info & Orderinghttp://bit.ly/1ctPZmA
- Sailing: A Woman’s Guide Click for info & ordering
Girl on the Rocks: A Woman’s Guide to Climbing with Strength, Grace, and CourageClick for info & ordering
As write to you from Steamboat Springs. Colorado and a few days after I had drafted this blog, I came across the books Glamping with Mary Jane and Sisters on the Fly at the new retail store Remember Me, here in town. It is a fun store, with a lot of spirit, stop by and visit it!
This is your life, so, whatever moves your spirit, pursue it!
This blog brought to you by Sue Batton Leonard, author of Gift of a Lifetime: Finding Fulfilling Things in the Unexpected.Click for info & ordering
Do return tomorrow to the space where independent thoughts, words, and views are all part of the business.