Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family. ~ Kofi Annan
On Saturday I made the very worthwhile three hour trek into Denver from Steamboat Springs, Colorado to attend Colorado Independent Publishers Association (CIPA) monthly meeting. The September agenda was an e-Book Extravaganza. Here are just a few things that were discussed throughout the day:
- The e-book industry now represents 33% of book sales. How about that?
- People like having a choice of formats, so offering books in print, as well as an e-book version is wise marketing.
- There is still a viable market for books-in-print but there is a certain part of the reading population who are clamoring for e-books due to their convenience.
- Surprisingly, people who are 55 years of age and over ARE BUYING e-books, contrary to what was expected. It is not just the young generation that are interested in the digital format.
- We discussed pricing of e-books and how you can leverage your intellectual property.
- E-books make it easy to offer samples, providing potential book buyers the opportunity to see if they like an author they’ve never read before.
- A big advantage to e-books – there is no printing involved, thus it removes the need for physical space of inventory.
If you are a writer who wants to get on The Fast Track to Independent Publishing, here is a short webinar that will introduce you to the basics. http://bit.ly/10cCp1Y.
Do return tomorrow to All Things Fulfilling, we will be discussing the next best step if you are a person who is considering independent publishing and you are in need of knowledge. I will tell you a quick but valuable story from this weekend.
This blog brought to you by www.CornerstoneFulfillmentService.com .